Nephrotic syndrome is a disease, being recognisable by too much protein in the urea and very less protein in ther blood, swelling especially in the eyes, feet and hands and high cholesterol. It is a result of the damage caused to the glomeruli (network of capilaries filtering waste and excess water from the blood and send them to the bladder as urine). “Ayurvedic Medicine For Nephrotic Syndrome”
The practise of Ayurveda dates back to Ancient India, where it originated to help people find a permanent solution to their health issues, which now has a global reach due to its effectiveness and quality results. The Ayurvedic treatment of Nephrotic Syndrome involves a complete process, starting from the identification of the underlying cause, and serving patients to help reduce blood pressue, cholesterol and protein in urine, through Diet, yoga poses, certain herbs and related herbal medicines. “Iga nephropathy remission ayurvedic treatment”
SYMPTOMS OF NEPHROTIC SYNDROME
There are four main symptoms in patients with Nephrotic Syndrome:
- Swelling of legs, feet and ankles and sometimes hands and face too. This is edema.
- Increased Cholesterol and Fat in the blood.
- Increased protein in urea and reduced protein in the urea.
- Reduced albumin levels in the blood. “Ayurvedic Medicine For Nephrotic Syndrome”
WHO ARE AT RISK OF NEPHROTIC SYNDROME?
Certain medical conditions like Diabetes, High blood pressure, puts you at a very high risk of developing nephrotic syndrome. The risk also increases if you regularly take nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. Certain infections too increases the chances of getting Nephrotic Syndrome:
- Hepatitis B and C
- Untreated strep infection in Children
DIAGNOSIS OF NEPHROTIC SYNDROME
Nephrotic syndrome can be diagnosed by Urine Test, that will help measure the amount of protein in Urine. Blood Tests can also be a check to test other Kidney functions. “Ayurvedic Medicine For Nephrotic Syndrome”
Diseases also sometimes needs to be checked, as that could be secondary cause of Nephrotic Syndrome.
COMPLICATIONS OF NEPHROTIC SYNDROME
Nephrotic syndrome, if not treated on time, can cause further serious problems, sometimes life threatening. Some of the complications are
- Blood Clots, as due to too much loss of protein because the body loses the ability to prevent clots.
- Triglycerides and High Cholesterol
- High Blood Pressure
- Kidney Failure, as the kidneys lose their ability to to remove waste from the bloodstream
- Certain infections like pneumonia and menignitis as the body loses immunoglobulins (infection fighting protein)
AYURVEDIC MEDICINE FOR NEPHROTIC SYNDROME
Ayurveda has proved itself to be one of the most preferred, result-giving and reliable treatment systems for Nephrotic Syndrome. Allopathic treatments include the administration of corticosteroids in heavy dosage which can cause a number of side effects in the body.
According to Ayurveda, there are three Doshas in the body- Vata, Pitta, Kapha. Ayurveda believes that this condition is caused due to the alteration of pitta dosha in the bosy and various pitta normalising medications are used for the treatment of the same. “Ayurvedic Medicine For Nephrotic Syndrome”
Herbs to treat Nephrotic Syndrome: Some of the herbs to treat Nephrotic Syndrome are Giloy, Haldi, Nagarmutha, Chirayata, Devdaru, Shunthi, Gokshura, Punarnava, Chitral, Kutki, and piplamool.
Proper Diet: Along with herbs, proper diet also needs to be followed, for the complete treatment of Nephrotic Syndrome: “Iga nephropathy remission ayurvedic treatment”
- Eat a moderate amount of high protein Animal food: 3-5 oz per meal (lean cuts of meat, fish, and Poultry)
- Avoid eating Saturated Fats (Butter, Cheeze, egg yolks, Fried foods, poultry skin, and fatty cuts of red meat)
- Increase the intake of fruits and vegetables. Restriction of Potassium or Phosphorous is not necessary.
- Reduce sodium intake to 1000-2000 mg daily. High sodium intake can raise Blood pressure. Try to avoid salty foods, inc;luding canned foods, cheese etc.
- Increase the intake of foods high in Vitamins and soluble Fibre. “Ayurvedic Medicine For Nephrotic Syndrome”