Creatinine is a byproduct of a chemical compound, creatine phosphate present in the muscle tissue. Kidneys clear this creatinine with minimal tubular reabsorbtion. Kidneys are the filtering agents of the body. They purify the blood by removing waste and toxins through urine.
Creatinine accumulates in the blood when GFR decreases resulting in renal dysfunction. Renal dysfunction can be caused due to, chronic kidney disease, acute kidney failure, polycystic kidney disease, nephrotic syndrome and glomerulonephritis. What level of creatinine indicates kidney failure? The progression and relapse of these conditions can ultimately lead to total loss of kidney function called kidney failure.
HOW NORMAL AND ELEVATED CREATININE LEVELS DIFFER?
The normal levels of creatinine in different individuals may vary.
Adult males: 0.6 to 1.2 mg/dL
Adult females: 0.5 to 1.1 mg/dl
Infants: 0.2 mg/dl
One kidney person: 1.8-1.9mg/dl
As the kidneys lose their efficiency to function, the levels of creatinine start to rise. What level of creatinine indicates kidney failure? In the condition of kidney failure the serum creatinine levels increase up to thrice the normal level with decreased GFR by 75%. This could also be quoted as serum creatinine levels above or equal to 4mg/dl.
CAUSES OF ELEVATED CREATININE AND KIDNEY FAILURE:
The impaired kidneys lead to the condition of a rise in creatinine levels in the blood caused due to:
- High blood pressure
- Urinary tract infections
- Kidney infections
- Drugs like cimetidine
- Consumption of dietary meat “What level of creatinine indicates kidney failure?”
SYMPTOMS OF ELEVATED CREATININE LEVELS:
There are various symptoms associated with increased levels of creatinine including
- Muscle cramps
- Nausea and vomiting
- Not feeling hungry
- Swelling in your feet and ankles
- Too much urine (pee) or not enough urine
- Trouble catching your breath
- Trouble sleeping
- Abdominal (belly) pain
- Back pain
- Diarrhea “Kidney failure treatment In Ayurveda”
LABORATORY TESTS FOR ELEVATED CREATININE LEVELS:
When one’s blood test reveals the rise in creatinine levels it calls for taking up of numerous other tests to confirm the disease. These include:
- Blood Urea Nitrogen test that measures the exact amount of urea nitrogen in the blood signaling a kidney problem What level of creatinine indicates kidney failure?
- Basic Metabolic Panel Test is a combination of various tests that involve important body functions
- Comprehensive Metabolic Test is a panel of 14 tests that reveal the health of kidneys, liver, electrolytes and body function.
HOME REMEDIES TO REDUCE CREATININE LEVELS:
- Adopt a vegetarian eating pattern
- Increase water intake
- Avoid strenuous exercise to avoid creatinine build up
- Reduce consuming minerals such as potassium and sodium
- Avoid foods such as peanuts, soybeans, nuts, pumpkin seeds, and seafood
- Instead of tea and coffee consumption drink herbal teas and water
IDEAL TREATMENT MECHANISM:
Ayurveda is an ancient treatment therapy that involves the use of naturally grown herbs to treat body ailments. What level of creatinine indicates kidney failure? This stream of treatment aids kidney failure through ayurvedic medicines that consists of Herbs like punarnava, kaasni, varun, palaash, shreigu etc. These medicines are free form side effects and provide a complete cure in reducing elevated creatinine levels.
Karma Ayurveda is a well known kidney treatment centre that provides natural aid for kidney failure and related problems. The hospital provides best of its nature based services under the guidance of Dr. Puneet Dhawan. Their treatment measures are free from side-effects and are permanent relievers to kidney disease. “Kidney failure treatment In Ayurveda”